Life, Love, Long Hair, Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth, and other mysteries

All this and more, from a semi-Serbian, slightly sane, former editor for physicians and surgeons, who is the mother of seven kids.


Thursday 9 February 2012

Just Breathe/My Unfavorite Things

I almost titled this blog entry "These Are A Few Of My Un-Favorite Things", but that sounded more negative than I feel like being right now.

Still, here are a few of 'em:

1.  The movie "Get Him To The Greek".

2.  The sound of whining.

3.  Television.

4.  Spunj Bahb (it so sickens me, I don't even want to spell it properly).

5.  Being behind on work.

6.  Being tired while being behind on work.

7.  Being distracted enough to wander on over to see what the heyell's new on FB and finding it has changed AGAIN.

8.  Having a day when almost everything goes wrong except for the continuance of my heartbeat, but even that is brought into question on such days.

9.  Hearing the TV blaring Spunj Bahb's whiny voice while I'm tired and behind on work, having a day when far too many things are going wrong, distractedly clicking on Facebook only to find that it has changed again and there is an ugly picture of Russell Brand in the ads trying to tell me to watch a movie I hate, like, oh, I dunno, "Get Him To The Greek."

These are a few of my unfavorite things.  ♪♫

DISLIKE!

So, I click on the link for my blog and write about it.

"If I get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me, threatening the life it belongs to."

Oh yeah, I do need to breathe, just breathe.

And I do like that song!  Here it is:


"Breathe (2 AM)"

2 AM and she calls me 'cause I'm still awake,
"Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?,
I don't love him. Winter just wasn't my season"
Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to criticize,
Hypocrites. You're all here for the very same reason

'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

May he turned 21 on the base at Fort Bliss
"Just a day" he said down to the flask in his fist,
"Ain't been sober, since maybe October of last year."
Here in town you can tell he's been down for a while,
But, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles,
Wanna hold him. Maybe I'll just sing about it.

Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table.
No one can find the rewind button, boys,
So cradle your head in your hands,
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe

There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you'd only try turning around.

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to

But you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable,
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button now
Sing it if you understand.
and breathe, just breathe
woah breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me - please.