Life, Love, Long Hair, Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth, and other mysteries

All this and more, from a semi-Serbian, slightly sane, former editor for physicians and surgeons, who is the mother of seven kids.


Monday 27 February 2012

Why Does Sh!t Happen To ME? Ohhh... I Get It!

I shake my head in near disbelief at all the crap I've been through.

A few nights ago, I asked myself the classic question:  "WHY ME?"

Really, of all people, why ME?

It seems to me that out of everyone I have ever met, I've had an inordinate amount of ... shall we say "interesting things" happen to me.

Ugh.  Some of those interesting things are downright disgusting.

Barely did I get the "WHY ME?" line of questioning done when, nearly instantaneously, I got this other thought running through my head, which caused me to run for a pen and paper to jot it down:

"It is because even though you hurt, you bounce back, and you show others through your writing that it can be survived, that it does get better.  You have the writing talent to convey your empathy and your encouragement."

And that is why I have so many stories to tell.

Gee, thanks, God.  I do love You, but wow, You must have a lot of faith in me.  I'll try not to let You down.

So, help me, Jesus...

(There is a video here, of Johnny Cash singing "Why Me, Lord?",  in case you're receiving these updates by email, so you'll have to click to see it.)

"Tell me Lord, if you think there's a way
 I can try to repay
All I've taken from You
 Maybe Lord, I can show someone else
 What I've been through myself
On my way back to you."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me - please.